Established in 1999, DeviceLab is a full-service medical device engineering and design company based in Orange County, Southern California. We have successfully completed over 100 major projects, including 16 Medical Carts, 22 Table-Top Instruments, 20 Hand Held Devices, and 9 Single-Use/Disposable Medical Devices. Whether you are a fast-growing startup or a Fortune 500 corporation, DeviceLab will take your product from concept to market quickly and cost-effectively. See our Media Page for news and information about DeviceLab and the Medical Device industry.
DeviceLab has done projects for some of the biggest names in medical devices, and for some of the most exciting start-ups in the last two decades. Our clients work in diverse areas of medicine, from dentistry to urology to ophthalmology and many more. We seek serious, well-funded projects and deliver results that keep our clients coming back for more.
Why Hire Us?
- DeviceLab is ISO 13485 certified for Medical Device Design and Development. Our client’s project will likely cruise through lab testing and FDA since we take the time to set up project requirements thoroughly.
- Our track record includes over 100 successful major projects and many smaller ones.
- Our design has won a gold medal award from Medical Design Excellence Awards, MDEA. We keep up with the latest design trends to create outstanding designs for our clients.
- We have been in business for over 20 years. We’ve seen many different ways to handle a design/feature.
- This experience allows our team to provide many innovative options for our clients.
- DeviceLab has a well-rounded team of designers and engineers who keep current with the latest medical technologies and design tools, so our clients will get the best technical solutions.
- Because of our experience, we know how to move medical projects quickly through the phases of development. We have done it so many times successfully.
- We have design controls over many projects and continually adapt to changes in the regulatory landscape. Regulatory compliance is in our DNA.
- We’re adaptable to your needs, from quick design studies to soup-to-nuts projects.
The Process page describes how we work and gives some examples of how projects typically proceed. The Regulatory Compliance page provides details about how we maintain Regulatory Compliance and assure that your product does too.
DeviceLab Annual Scholarship
DeviceLab is eager to sponsor the coming generation of talent in the field of medical device engineering by offering an annual scholarship. 2 scholarships have been awarded since 2017. $1,000 is awarded each year to one engineering or biomedical engineering student who exhibits outstanding promise and dedication.
- DeviceLab staff screen and select applications for the final winner.
- Essays will be assessed based on contents for: contribution, originality, creativity, and overall writing quality.
- The deadline for submission is May 31, 2022.
- The winner will be notified by June 30, 2022.
- Winner decision is at sole discretion of DeviceLab reviewer and final.
- A $1,000 scholarship will be awarded to one student.
- Applicants must be a U.S. resident.
- Applicants must be currently attending an accredited college or university in the United States.
- Undergraduate and graduate students are eligible to apply.
- Applicants must be majoring in biomedical engineering or engineering curriculum with a concentration in medical devices.
Application Process: Please send application request email to firstname.lastname@example.org