Babylance Safety Heelstick Case Study
Our goal was to design a device that would provide an easy and effective heelstick solution for obtaining a blood sample from the heels of newborns.
DeviceLab not only designed a plastic spring to minimal product costs, we improved tactile feel of the trigger, improved reliability of the trigger mechanism and improved the ergonomics in use.
It was accomplished through the use of ID, ME and Prototyping services provided by DeviceLab.
Challenge and Solution
- Innovation – Unique design optimized product performance
- Cost – Meet company cost goal target
- Schedule – Meet tight product launch deadline
- Manufacturing – Ease of installations and maintenance
- Human factors – Meet stringent usability and human factors requirements
How the client benefitted
- Successful product launch on time
- Very positive customer acceptance
Advantages of DeviceLab
- Innovative team
- Industry experience
- Proven design process
- Rapid development services
- Full service provider – One stop shop
- Cost conscious
- Design for Manufacturability
- ISO 13485 certified for design and manufacturing